Do you like to work in a growing, dynamic and international organization and do you like to be part of a large team with various other finance disciplines and experienced colleagues to learn from?
For Lineage Logistics in Rotterdam we are looking for a Financial Controller Freight Forwarding.
As a Financial Controller you will be part of the Freight forwarding controllership team who is responsible for the preparation, analysis, and review of the internal financial reporting of actuals. This role is key to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the group’s (interim) financial information. In addition, you will perform various monthly consolidating and accounting closing procedures in compliance with both Dutch and US GAAP.
Ideal candidates possess in-depth training in accounting or finance combined with strong analytical and technical skills. This role requires a high degree of analytical thinking, research, communication, and multi-tasking. Manage data and assess variances to ensure accuracy, identify opportunities, and advise management on potential risks. The right person must be comfortable using technical skills to extract data, perform monthly consolidation/accounting procedures, and analyze/explain period over period variances.
Your responsibilities include the following activities:
- Assist in ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the group’s (interim) financial information under strict deadlines in accordance with Lineage accounting policies (based on US GAAP);
- Provide clear guidance and instructions to accounting employees and support them in a proper work allocation. Create and continuous improve internal financial reporting packages to be used as the company’s key control associated with the reporting of actuals;
- Provide support in the audit of the reporting packs and statutory financial statements;
- Assist in the monthly actuals reporting processes including variance analysis and explanations;
- Report and analyse financial results via data analysis, including key trends, and variance analysis;
- Review and analyse the companies inter/intra company balances and transactions within the Freight Forwarding region;
- Perform various monthly consolidating/accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes reviewing trial balances, processing eliminations, review local trial balances, journal entries and maintaining PPA- related schedules;
- Ensure in accurate and complete trial balance submissions from international entities not currently integrated within global general ledger system;
- Work and assist with the various accounting functions to drive process improvements and ensure in complete and accurate financials;
- Be a solid finance business partner for our financial shared service center, corporate accounting Europe and Field Finance teams on month-end related activities;
- Generation and distribution of reports - ensure that reports can be efficiently and flexibly generated, and are shared in the most efficient manner, using the most appropriate available IT tools, like PowerBI, Workday and Adaptive Insights;
- Develop strong relationships based on mutual trust and respect with operating leaders at all levels.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Financial accounting/control;
- At a minimal 3-5 years of accounting experience;
- Previous experience of working in a European scale organization;
- 32 – 40 hours available;
- Perfect understanding of the English language.
Lineage is world’s largest and most innovative supplier of temperature controlled logistics and storage. The company is still growing and therefore needs your help.
You will be part of a large team with various other finance disciplines and experienced colleagues to learn from. The leadership culture focuses on developing talent internally; this is a great opportunity to grow your career at a leading global company. The company is innovation driven. You will get the opportunity to work with new tools and applications and upskill your data analytics abilities.
Aside from a competitive starting salary, you're set to gain so much from being part of high quality and collaborative team. You are in the driver seat to build out the financial reporting department of the Freight Forwarding region together with your other colleagues. In addition to the basic salary, their offer includes a bonus and 27 vacation days.
Are you excited to start working at Lineage Logistics? We would like to receive your resume, together with a short motivation.
If you have any questions, please contact Sascha Janssens.
Contact details: email@example.com