Analyst External Financial Reporting
Do you like to work in a growing, dynamic and international organization and do you like to bel be part of a team with various other finance disciplines and experienced colleagues to learn from?
For Lineage Logistics (in Rotterdam) we are looking for an Analyst External Financial Reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
As the Analyst External Financial Reporting you will be part of the team responsible for the preparation, analysis of the external financial reporting. This role is key control to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the group’s (interim) financial information. In addition, you will perform various monthly consolidating and accounting close procedures in compliance with GAAP.
Ideal candidates possess in-depth training in accounting or finance combined with strong analytical and technical skills. This role requires a high degree of analytical thinking, research, communication, and multi-tasking.
In this position you will:
- Create and build out internal financial reporting packages to be used as the company’s key control associated with the reporting of actuals for external reporting purposes;
- Assist in process of preparation of multiple (consolidated) financial statements under Dutch GAAP;
- Review and analyze the companies inter/intra company balances and transactions;
- Perform various monthly consolidating/accounting closure procedures and deliverables, which includes reviewing trial balances, processing eliminations, journal entries, and account reconciliations;
- Ensure in accurate and complete trial balance submissions from international entities not currently integrated within global general ledger system;
- Work closely with the external auditor to ensure a smooth process;
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting tools;
- Develop strong relationships based on mutual trust and respect with operating leaders at all levels.
Who are we looking for
This role requires a high degree of analytical thinking, research, communication, and multi-tasking. You will have to manage data and assess variances to ensure accuracy, identify opportunities, and advise management on potential risks. To be successful in this role, we need you to be a self-starter with the ability to streamline functions, and with a passion to learn and grow.
You will also have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Financial accounting/control;
- 2-5 years of accounting experience;
- Self-motivated, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow;
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills.
Lineage is world’s largest and most innovative supplier of temperature controlled logistics and storage. It is a global company with more than 22,000 employees spanning 20 countries and more than 400 locations across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America. They have a shared purpose; they are transforming the food supply chain to eliminate waste and help feed the world. This means working at Lineage is not just a job – it’s an opportunity to innovate and put your mark on how food moves from the farm to dinner tables around the world. In the upcoming years, external reporting responsibilities will also include some new challenges driven by ESG (Environment, Social and Governance). This will broaden the scope of this position, and be your chance to grow with the company.
The organization is expanding quickly across Europe, and you will feel the impact of your work.
What do you get in return
A responsible role within an international organization. In addition, you can count on:
- Aside from a competitive starting salary, you're set to gain so much from being part of high quality and collaborative team;
- You will be part of a large multi country team with its supportive leader; and experienced colleagues to learn from;
- 27 vacation days;
- A lot of flexibility (2 to 3 days working from home is possible).
Are you excited to get started as a Analyst External Financial Reporting at Lineage Logistics? If you have any questions, please contact Sascha Janssens.
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org